Had unprotected sex couple of days after taking birth control post periods. Will I get pregnant?

I just started taking birth control not that long ago. And ive been hearing that if you take the pill while your on your period it works immediately. But if you tooken it after your period you should use a condom for the first month cause you could get pregnant. I tooken mine after my period and waited couple of days to have unprotected sex. Is there a chance i could be pregnant? I took a test but it said negative. But ive been feeling sick and sharp pains in my upper to lower part of my stomach . Please help.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013