Had undergone triple bypass, recovered well. Is it safe to travel by flight for long distance?

I had a triple bypass op in 2011 and recovered pretty well. Various functions are fine, I'm retaining a steady weight and at 81 I have no arthritis, diabetes or prostate problem but have sometimes a short term memory lapse. My question is regarding
the feasibility of flying all the way from Brisbane Aus to my son's wedding in midlands UK at the end of April. My GP seems to have no difficulty about giving approval. Do you concur??
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013