Subcortical microvascular ischemic occlusive disease. Want additional information about this?

My new Neurologist in Waterloo, IA gave me a diagnosis for my Head Pain occurring at different times and different places in my brain. The exact diagnosis using a CTscan, MRI , and information I gave him on how and when this occurs is: Subcorticol micro-- vascular ischemic occlusive Desease. He told me this can be treated either with a prescription drug daily or injections between the vertebrae in my neck. I am very worried and confused about this eventually leading to a stroke . Could you please give me some additional information as to what I may expect in the future? I am a young 75 year old female. I already am having some lapses of short term memory and dizziness getting in and out of bed. The dizziness occurs looking straight up or down for a very short time. Thank you so much! Jan Jorgensen YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012