Severe reactions to hearing someone chewing gum. Get twitches and shakes. How do I control this?

I have severe reactions to hearing someone chewing gum, I realize it is ridiculous. At work I can not get out of the room, and after a few minutes I get uncontrollable twitches and shakes, after about ten minutes or so I struggle to not cry but I will start tearing up. I start clenching my teeth and have even picked up digging my fingernails into my hands and arms to stop my self from crying. I have tried deep breathing and listening to music with little affect. What else can I do?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Jun 2012