Had partial hysterectomy. Constipation, bloating, cramping. CT scan showed cyst in ovaries of different sizes. Why?

I am 47 yrs old and had a partial hysterectormy in 2004 leaving both ovaries. I have in the last 1 year been having problems with constipation, bloating (just the waistline), cramping, and slight weight gain. I have had a problem with diverticulosis and just had a colonoscopy that cleared me of anything wrong in that area. While having CT Scan s of my colon, prior to colonoscopy, they showed on two occassions, cysts on my ovaries. Since my colonoscopy a month ago my gastro doctor recommended I have a Pelvic Ultra Sound (Trans-Vaginal). Just got the results, once again showing a small complex 1.8 x 2.3 x 1.9 cm left ovarian cyst likely a dominant, hemorrhagic follicle . But it also shows that my ovaries are very different in size. Right ovary volume is 2.3 cc and the left ovary volume is 8.1 cc. No adnexal mass or cu-de-sac fluid is apparent. The left ovary is the one with the the cyst, but would it make it that much larger? I am very confused on the size difference. Would you explain why such a difference in the size.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013