Had mirena IUD insertion. No periods. Lower abdominal pain, pain during intercourse. What are the causes?

I am a 22yr old female. I have one child and i have had the merina iud for about 5 and a half years now. I have not had a period the entire time i ve had the iud, just ocassional Over the years I have noticed some lower abdominal pain , and some severe pain during intercourse . But for the last few weeks the abdominal pains have increased to outrageous! It honestly feels like contratctions and I can barely move when it hits. What could be causing my problem?
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012