Had internal ultrasound. Diagnosed ovarian cyst, painful back. Help?

Hi, My name is Beth Bowman. I just got back from having an internal ultrasound . The reason for the ultrasound was that a few months a go I was diagnoses with an ovarian cyst on my left ovary . I have been having pain on my left side, back pain and so forth. When I went in today, they can not find iether of my ovaries. When I asked the tec why, she said this was normal. I have also just had a pap after 7 yrs. I had a very bad experience the first time I had one,and have been avoiding them until now. Could you help understand what is going on? I am really scared. I am a 46 yr old woman with 2 children and a tubal after my 7 yr old was born. Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013