Had anesthetic to remove wisdom tooth, given pain killers. Coughing up clear phlegm while lying down. Reason?

I had a small anesthetic on Friday to remove an impacted Wisdom tooth . I am using acetominophen and naproxyn for the pain. The peridiontist gave me a prescription for oxycodone which I have only used twice when the pain is acute. During the nite I began bringing up a fair amount of clear phlegm . What is the reason for this and what should I do. Phlegm secretion is greater when I lie down. What do you recommend. Thanks Josh Gershater
Asked On : Thu, 22 Nov 2012