Going through menopause. Diagnosed with high cholesterol. Started on and off pelvic pain after taking pravastatin. Cause?

Hi my mother is 51 years old going through menopause . She was recently told she has high cholesterol , most likely genetic because she is very healthy and workouts constantly. She began taking pravastatin two weeks ago, since then she s been complaining of throbbing pelvic pain off and on ( usually lasting only a minute or so) since taking the following prescription. She stopped taking it for a few days and pain went away, just to return after beginning to take them again. Can pravastatin cause this kind of pain?? No other complaints besides the pelvic pain.
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012