Generic singulair does not seem to be effective, persisting shortness of breath. Best course of action?

I had been taking Singulair to help with shortness of breadth. Then, on next prescription, pharmacy filled my prescription with a generic Singulair . The generic singular is not working and I feel shortness of breadth. I am 66 years old male. I never had this problem until earlier in this year (I believe probably due to LPR acid reflux , which is under control now). What is the best course of action for me? Thank you very much -- M. A.
Asked On : Wed, 26 Dec 2012