Frequent spells of lightheadedness, pulses up and down the arm, confusion. What could be causing this?

I get light headed, disoriented, and feel lost with my surroundings, and feel pulses up and down my left arm . Its hard to explain the symptoms thoroughly its only a few seconds but they are the scariest longest seconds ever. I dont know what can cause it. Im 24 years old, and in good health overall. But this has been happening for 2 years. I saw a doctor but all he said was to see a neurologist , he wasnt much help. Any ideas?
Asked On : Mon, 8 Oct 2012