Slow heart beat with lightheadedness. Should I be concerned?

Sep 2013

At the moment, my pulse rate is 48 and I am lightheaded. I take a beta blocker (Nadolol). My dosage had recently been increased, but it had become regulated. Should I be concerned right now or just wait to see if the lightheadedness subsides?
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 3 hours later
Brief Answer: You should be concerned now Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum. You are taking beta blockers 80 mg twice in a day. Heart beat is 48 / minute. At the age of 51 years , slow heart beat with lightheadedness is concerning .The slow heart beat is an indication of heart failure .You need to investigated with E K G (Electrocardiogram) & echocardiogram to isolate the case . I would recommend you visit a cardiologist at the earliest and sort this problem. Please don't wait , light headedness subsides itself. Hope this information will help you. If further any question I will help. Good luck Dr. HET.