Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.
The pain in the tail bone area is COCCYDYNIA
resulting from injury to coccyx(tail bone). An xray of the sacrum will diagnose, if there is any fracture.
The general treatment guidelines for coccydynia are as follows -
* Lean forward while sitting down
* Sit on a doughnut-shaped pillow or wedge (V-shaped) cushion
* Sit completely upright with proper posture — keeping your back firmly against the chair, knees level with your hips, feet flat on the floor and shoulders relaxed
* Apply heat or ice to the affected area
* Take over-the-counter pain relievers, such as acetaminophen
involving strengthening of pelvic area muscles , stimulation with ultrasound
If your symptoms are persisiting even after the above measures, consult an orthopedic surgeon for further management.
Hope this information is helpful. Good day