Feeling throat pain while sneezing, heard popping sound while eating. Feeling bruise. What is going on?

A few weeks ago, I attempted to hold back a sneeze and in doing so felt a sharp pain in my throat . It feels as if I have been punched in the throat. It feels like a strianed muscle or a bruise . The inside of my throat is not soar or raw and I have no other symptoms. Then yesterday after an unstifled sneeze, I took a bit of lunch and while swallowing , I felt and heard a pop. Since that point yesterday, the pain in my throad has been greatly intensified. It now hurts to even swallow saliva . Still now interior soreness or raw, scratchy throat feeling,... just feels like a sever bruise or a pulled or torn muscle or somthing.
Asked On : Wed, 18 Jul 2012