Why am I feeling a pop on my lower left side while sneezing?

Psychiatrist
Question
I sneeze three time last night on the third sneeze a felt a pop on my lower left side. It hurts when I sneeze and cough, but not when I go to the bathroom. It hurts off and on though out of the day.
Posted Sat, 25 Jan 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Clarifications Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. However I would require a couple of more details to help you in answering your query in a better justified way. 1.. Lower left side of what. Is it the face you are talking about. Or the head? 2. Where does it hurt when you coughbor sneeze? 3. Can you talk and chew properly without pain? Hope to hear from you at your earliest convenience. Regards and wish you good health, Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD

Follow-up: Why am I feeling a pop on my lower left side while sneezing? 14 hours later
Sorry I did not write it's my left lower abdomen.

Brief Answer: Musculoskeletal cause Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the follow up. The kind of pain that you are describing appears to be musculoskeletal. When you sneezed for the second time probably you have injured either muscle cartilage or some small bone in the left lower quadrant. None of the intrabdominal organs damage can cause this kind of pain. So you can be comfortable about it. It may take 2 to 3 days more to settle down on its own. If it is troubling you, you may take acetaminophen. If it troubles you beyond 5 days then you may proceed to get an x ray of the chest done. Hope that helps Regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD

Follow-up: Why am I feeling a pop on my lower left side while sneezing? 5 hours later
Thank you so much. That helps a lot. I'll let you know if it does not get better and I go to the doctor.

Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Regards Detailed Answer: Hello Hope you get well in 2-3 days. Until then try to take some good amount of rest. IN future if you need to contact me directly, you can use the link bit.ly/dr-srikanth-reddy Regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy