Fatigue and weakness after taking prednisone for Addison s disease. Side effect?

When taking 5mg prednisone in morning for addison's got heavy fatigue at 10-11am. taking prednisone between 7am-8am. Would go to bed and sleep. This does not give a normal day. Researched and found Addison's Assoc., and the info that full dose could be taken at bedtime. This I thought was the answer to muscle weakness and fatigue side effect of prednisone. But...Have tried for 4 nights. Have dreams in full colour and I normally don't dream and and I feel very drugged heavy headed during the day and slightly nauseaus. So where do I go from here. I have researched for 3 months my other medications and am satisfied it is the prednisone. My endocronologist informed me that 5mg prednisone was all that he could do for me. How do I approach this as doing research I feel there is more he could be doing. He would be in his 70's with a small population so perhaps not had vast experience with addisons. It is secondary addison's due to damage to the pituitory from car accident. I did read prednisone was used for secondary. My doctor who is acknowledged and respected says it is chronic fatigue and he has heard all the sysmptoms before from fatigue patients. I would accept that except for the exact timing of the fatigue 2-3 hours after taking prednisone. I am on thyroxine 100mg with my blood reading of borderline low. My doctor has said nothing re this matter. Blood test taken 6 weeks ago. I still don't think this is my morning fatigue problem. I also take DHEA. What I am really asking is how do I prove the side effect of predisone to my medical carers. I can't change as once again due to small population they are considered the best in their respected fields.
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013