Extremely long periods, taking healthy diet. Cause of symptoms?

Hello, I have a question about a very long period.. I am 43 years old in good health. Had a baby two and 1/2 years ago. (Caesection). For the first time, I have had a really long period. First normal period was around January 13-16 and then started up again January 23 and lasting until today. Is this something abnormal or a reason to see a doctor. It is just unusual for me. I have been dieting and eating very clean.. Started really curbing most carbs around January 13. That is about the only thing I am doing differently.
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013