Electric shocks in thigh, have stenosis in lower lumbar. Vitamin B12 deficiency?

I have been suffering from electric shocks or stabs in my lower right thigh (inner). This has been happening for 10 years. There is no apparent trigger. I get between one and four severe stabs each day. They only last a second, like a light switch going on and then off again. I ve seen so many doctors, including neurologists. Nobody knows what s causing the problem. I had back urgery 5 years go. I still have stenosis in my lower lumbar , but this nerve problem is not attributable to my back ...... in my humble opinion. Could it be a vitamin B-12 deficiency? I m 65 years old and this problem is destroying my retirement. Thanks for any help.
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012