Vitamin B12 medicine

Which is the best Vitamin B12 medicine available in India for vitamin b12 deficiency?
Asked On : Tue, 11 Jan 2011
Hi. Welcome to Healthcaremagic

BIOCOBAL, DIACOBAL, METHYLCOBAL, EFCOBA, are few good brand names of Vit B12.
May I know why you are taking Vitamin 12 only.

Regards, Dr. Jagdish
  Anonymous's Response
I have vitamin B12 deficiency and currently taking one injection per week (Eldervit B12). All the tablet s mentioned by you contains Mecobalamin. Is it same as original B12 . Why I can't found (Cyanocobalamin) in any drugs? Yhe Becosules capsules says it has Vit B12 then which vitamin b12 it has ( Cyanocobalamin or Mecobalamin)?

Warm Regards

General & Family Physician Dr. Jagdish's  Response
Hi. Welcome to Healthcaremagic

Mecobalamin is a form of vitamin B12 and differs from cyanocobalamin in that the cyanide is replaced by a methyl group.It is used in treating diseases of vitamin B12 deficiency (such as pernicious anemia), or diseases of effective B12 deficiency.

It does not matter which one you take. Both work.

Regards, Dr. Jagdish

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.