Elder son having congenital nystagmus and severe myopia, second son born with LCA. Any link?

Hello I have an adult son with congenital nystagmus and severe myopia. He went on to have a son with the same condition although he was told that this was unlikely by the genetic counsellors? I have two other adult children unaffected by this condition. My second adult son has just had a son with LCA (totally blind). He is 6 months old. They have been told that this is just a co-incidence, nothering to do with my elder son and my other grandson s condition. Both my sons have an older child unaffected by any condition. I find it hard to come to terms with the fact that there is no link between these two problems, although genetics has ruled this out?
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013