Dry cough, tongue burns, taken delsym, robitussin, trying zyrtec

I have had a dry/annoying cough for about three weeks now. I have to often swallow to get relief . Feels as if I have a hole in my throat and air is leaking out. When I breathe in, its the sensation of having a mint in your mouth. It makes me cough every time. I ve taken delsym , robitussin , now I m trying allergy medicine.(zyrtec) It seems to help a little, but Im still coughing. Once last week, if felt like my tongue was burning when I drank cold liquids, as if I had drank something too hot, and burnt it. It s going on three weeks, and no relief.
Asked On : Sun, 25 Mar 2012