Disturbed sleep due to constant whooping cough, no improvement post nebulizer. Solution?

its 4 am here in Manila Philippines and I can t sleep due to a constant whooping cough . It starts with nasal congestion and the uncontrollable coughing. This has been going on for almost a week now. I have used a nebulizer however it doesnt seem to work anymore. Lately I have tried benadryl syrup. It has relieved my coughing somewhat or has allowed me to sleep as benadryl has that effect on me. Its becoming very frustrating now that nothing seems to work to improve my condition. What should I do doc?
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012