Difficulty in losing weight, on regular workout and have healthy diet, got off smoking. What is the cause and remedy?

Hi there, I don t know where I m going wrong but I can t seem to lose weight. Around this time last year I lost 12 pounds through regular excercise and a balanced diet . I spent 40 minutes at the gym on cardio 5/6 days per week. Then I quit smoking and gained it all back between the summer and Christmas. I figured that was ok as long as I stayed off cigarettes because I could always lose the weight again. But try as I might, again 40 minutes, regularly more at the gym plus a balanced diet and I Just can t shift the weight. I ve been trying for 3 months now and have only lost 3 pounds. HELP!!!
Asked On : Fri, 6 Jul 2012