Diagnosed with prolapsed disc, facet joint hypertrophy. Severe back pain. Relief with dihydrocodeine pain killers

Dear Dr Grief Iam 66, quite fit, 5 8 tall and I weigh 168 pounds. I have had two MRI Scans and diagnosed with a prolapsed L5 Disc and facet joint hypertrophy . I have severe back pain in varying degrees for 5 years. I have had: - 2x lumbar epidurals and 2 lots of radio denervation, vast amounts of physiotherapy, osteopathy , acupunctiure, exercise, chiropractor, pilates , pain classes and tens. These have had little effect. The most significant help is taking dihydrocodeine pain killers. What can I do to fix it?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013