Diagnosed with Otitis Media, external ear infection, prescribed Amoxicillin 500mg, have pressure, swelling. What dosage should i take?

Hello, I went to the ER yesterday and they diagnosed me with Otitis Media and an external ear infection also. They prescribed me with Amoxicillin 500mg every 8hrs and Ofloxacin otic drops 5 drops in each ear twice daily. I read the insert for the drops, and the recommended ADULT dosage is 10 drops in each infected ear and 5 drops in each for children under 12yrs. Why would they have me taking the pediatric dosage? Also, both of my ears have tremendous pressure and swelling down my neck. The pain is unbearable! They was going to prescribe a pain medication until I mentioned that I take Suboxone . They didn t ask why I take it. Instead they assumed I was an addict so I got nothing for the pain. I have been taking Motrin and Tylenol, but the relief is only minimal and doesn t last long enough. I ve already had the max that should be taken in a 24hr period. Isn t there anything that can be done for the pain? They also gave me a shot of Rocephin and said I didn t have to start the oral antibiotics until the next morning, but I began it around 2am, desperate for it to start working. Can the Amoxicillin be taken every 6hrs instead of 8?
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013