Diagnosed with H.Pylori. Taking B12 shots, started taking oral medication. Was my intrinsic factor destroyed?

Having been diagnosed and treated for h. pylori , my doctor informed that I must be on B12 for the rest of my life. Presently I am getting b12 shots every 3 months. I have done research that indicated B12 can be taken orally. I tried this but by month two I begin to feel very tired. Does this mean that my intrinsic factor was destroyed? Can it be repaired or must I be on B12 for the rest of my life?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jun 2012