Degenerative disc problem,severe pain,alcohol addiction.Will back injections help?

My husband is wondering if back injections ( epidural ) may help his digenerative disk problem at all. He has been on pain pills and muscle relaxers for various pain issue and has had no help from them in general which I believe is due to the fact that he is a drinker (whisky and diet coke mainly). Would he benefit at all from back injections if he continues to drink along with them, or would it just be in vein as well?
Asked On : Sun, 6 May 2012