Cramping and Light period at odd times. Could this just be from the pill ?

I m on birth control and have been on it for 5 months now, could it be having an affect on my menstrual cycle? I was intoxicated on the 29th of January, and cannot remember the night, I was a virgin before that night, but am not sure if I still am because I do not remember the night at all. 2 says after the 29th, on the 31st, I began to have brown discharge, then around February 2nd some cramping, then I had what seemed to be a light period for about 4 days, till the 6th of February. It is now the 13 of February and again I have cramps and brown discharge and very light bleeding . Could this just be from the pill?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Feb 2011