Conflicting pap smear test report showing trichomonas infection. How is it possible?

I recently had a routine pap and my Dr. told me I had Trichomonas. I went to another Dr. and retested. Negative to Trichomonas. My Dr. will not accept this second diagnosis. I have not had sex with another man other than my husband for 28 years. I know he has not cheated, plus he was tested and it was negative. The second Dr. says it was something that looks like Trichomonas but comes from the gut? Can you help me sort this out in lay man terms?
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013