What could be the cause of burning urination, fishy odor and itchy wart in vaginal area?

I just got off of my period and i have a fishy odor not only that when i need to urinate it burns and also i have what looks to be a wart on my vagina it is flesh colored and there is only one what and it doesnt hurt its just kind of itchy
Posted Mon, 23 Dec 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 6 days later
Brief Answer: Get tests done for vaginal+urinary tract infection Detailed Answer: Hi there, Thanks for your query. Firstly, in order to PINPOINT the exact cause of your problems; give you a SOUND professional advice; and, TRUE VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY, I request you to kindly provide additional information as follows :- * The color of your vaginal discharge - yellow, grey, milky white, watery (colorless); thick and white like cottage cheese; * Are you married/single or have you had sexual intercourse with an infected partner/boyfriend. Nevertheless, pending receipt of additional information, I am of the opinion that you are suffering from vaginal + urinary tract infection. The possible causes are bacterial, yeast, trichomonial infection, chlamydia, gonococci or herpes infection( in view of the lesion on the vaginal rim). I would therefore recommend the best course of action would be :- 1. Get your urine examination + culture/sensitivity test done to isolate the causative organism and the list of effective antibiotics. 2. Vaginal discharge analysis/culture to isolate the causative organism. 3. Test for Herpes simplex infection - which is not curable These investigations will guide me to advise you SPECIFIC TREATMENT. However, after giving the advised samples for investigation, you can empirically start the following treatment, PENDING RECEIPT OF TESTS' REPORTS:- * Azithromycin 500mg twice daily * Secnidazole 1000mg once a day * Fluconazole 150mg once a day Since the usual course (which covers ALL causative organisms listed above) of these drugs is 10 days, while reports will be available within 3-4 days time, the treatment would be modified on seeing the tests' reports. Urinary tract infection is likely to need a longer duration of treatment with the most sensitive antibiotic as would be reflected in the urine culture report. Consult your doctor and apprise him of my opinion. I am certain that he will agree with my opinion; order required tests, and- based on the reports- will arrive at a certain diagnosis and prescribe suitable treatment as advised. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. IN ANY CASE, I WILL BE WAITING FOR YOUR FEEDBACK AND THE TESTS' REPORTS. Fond regards and have a nice day, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal