What causes itching and hot sensation on and in vagina, dark yellow discharge during pregnancy?

I'm nine weeks pregnant with my first child I have no medical insurance waiting for processing so I went to the free clinic to get checked for the basics like aids or what not they refused to touch my cervix because I was pregnant but I really wanted to know why I'm experiencing itching and hot sensation on and in my vagina heavy dark yellow discharge gets worst at work (after a bath) what could this be I thought it may be a yeast infection but the discharge is not clumpy so what is it?
Posted Fri, 27 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Haseena Hamdani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: See detail answer. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to XXXXXXX Most common cause of this type of Discharge and symptoms could be due to STI, like Chlamydia, trichomoniasis or bacterial vaginosis, bacterial infection and Candidiasis. Most of the time, there is mixed vaginal Discharge. You should have been given immediate treatment. You may not see typical signs and symptoms of Yeast infection. I would be able to advise online only that atleast, you should avoid intercourse even with condom, take good hygiene measures, and go back to the Doctor or free clinic again and tell your problems. I am sure, there might be some misunderstanding, otherwise all clinics all over the world, on first visit of pregnant lady, do HIV test, and other STI's as a routine. You are symptomatic, you need to get proper attention, and medication. Your partner should also accompany you, as he may also need to be treated Feeling Hot in vagina, could be a sign of pregnancy, but as it is associated with itching, it is important to rule out bacterial Infections. If you fail to get proper treatment, You may buy Over the counter antifungal local cream, and a full course of Amoxycylcine antibiotics. Online, I can just advise you these safest medications. There are other specific medicines which should be given only after confirmation of diagnosis during pregnancy. Hope this information will help you. Best wishes. Dr H Hamdani