Bad smell in vagina, have pubic hair, masturbated, cloudy discharge. Explain

I ve never been to a gynecologist because my mom isn t open AT ALL, with these kind of things. I m 17 years old and I ve never had any sexual relations of any kind. I ve masturbated but I m very careful with it and I m very clean about it and always wash my hands before and after. Even when I do, I dont insert fingers because i find it too small. My question is: Is it normal for me to have a bad smell down there? I asked a trusted adult about it once, and they said that it might be because of the pubic hair collecting bacteria and it might help to get rid of it. so i did, but then i started getting ingrown hairs down there so i stopped. but the smell didnt improve at all and the discharge is cloudy and white and its ALWAYS there. I m worried that there might be something wrong with me
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013