Child with recurring cough, had episode of sever cough, breathing problem. Temporary relief with medicines. What care should be taken?

Hi Dr.Anthish, My kid age about 32 months and since 3 or 4 months he getting cough so often and every time Dr prescribing different cough syrups. finally 2 weeks ago my kid had cough again and early morning he got breathing problem , my family members rushed him to children specialist admitted for 3 days. he was okay but Dr advised to start 8months course that woud be 1 tablet everyday ( i dont remember the name of tablet but it was 4mg). kid was oka tha, but agin since yesterday he was coughing , just went to children specialist again and he prescribed PROSTAN SYRUP Durasalyn SYRUP CEFF SYRUP Am just wondering if you could suggest how to take care my kid. Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 20 Jul 2012