Child with broken arm fixed with metal plates, recommended removal post follow up, have intense pain. Suggestion?

My son broke his left arem on 23 July, after 3 general s for re-placing the bones, the dr s decided to operate and fix metal plate, that operation was 13th August, having seen a follow up consultant, he says that they now need to be removed! Yesterday evening and today he is so much pain, causing him to cry, paracetamol and ibuprofen given and still no relief. He is 13. What can I do next to help him?
Asked On : Fri, 14 Sep 2012