Child taking Valparin for seizures. Should the medicine be continued if fits have stopped?

First Thanx to this site for our medical help. Dr. Sahab my son met a fit due to heavey fever at the time of 1.f year age and that convert in seizure fit. Now he is 6 year old and no any fit has done again in his life. that time Dr. suggest valparin 200. two time in a day 5 ml and now one year back Dr suggest 7.5 ml two time in a day. So plz suggest me what should i do for my son. Can we stop this syrap or continue this syrap with 7.5 ml two time in a day.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013