Child stepped on glass piece. Could glass pieces get into her blood?

my daughter stepped on a piece of glass tonight and my husband thinks he got all of it out. However, my daughter thinks that it was smaller than the piece she originally saw in her foot . We do not see anything else in her foot I am a little concerned because my mom has always told me about a girl she knew when she was young that got glass in her foot and it got into her blood and she died. Is this possible? Is it generally safe to wait a little while to see if she can feel anoter piece in her foot? Right now, she says she doesn t feel like anything is there now.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013