Child has G6PD. Rash in genital area. Should rice cereal be stopped?

Hi Dr. Galamaga, My son was born with G6PD and has developed a really bad rash all on and around his gential area. He is currently 6 months years old and I am aware that there are certain foods and medications he must avoid in order to prevent him from having a reaction. With that being said, I started him on rice cereal and ensured all the ingredients were safe, however he has developed a rash and I m wondering if it is because of the rice cereal and whether I should stop feeding him it? Also, he has had this rash for 5 days and diaper cream does not seem to work...should I be concerned and what should I do? If you could please get back to me, I d appreciate your help. My email is YYYY@YYYY Thanks, Alexa
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013