Can i apply canasteen fungal cream for my toddler having rashes on bums, knees and cheek?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Hi there my 18 month old girl had been extremely cranky and crying non stop more then usual and off her food this 3 days ,worse at night ,get nappies are v bad and a lot of very runny stools maybe 4/5 a day and heavy wet nappies .her bum and legs ,behind knees ,feet and side of her mouth have broke out in a red rash ,tiny red dot clusters ,looks like bad nappy rash and it hurts her to rub cream on her skin ,tried sudo cream and bethadine and nothing works . Can I use canasteen fungal cream for adults in her ?? Her temperature is 36-38 celcious and her cheeks very red .im thinking teething . It's hard to listen to 24:7 crying ,I know she's not well but I'm really worried about this spreading red rash . Thank you .
Posted Tue, 14 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Sonila Borici 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Please follow the answer below. Detailed Answer: Hi, I read your query and understood your concern. You shouldn't use the canesten cream for adults without a doctor prescription because it is effective against yeast infection and may be harmful to your child. Your daughter is suffering from diaper rash (dairy intolerance with diarrhea lead to irritating skin). Treatment of diaper rash includes a combination of measures named ABCD which are effective when used together. A = air out the skin your child should be diaper-free most of the time B = barrier; use a paste or ointment to protect the skin C = clean; keep the skin clean D = disposable diapers; I recommend to consult your doctor for further council and proper medication. All the best! Dr.Sonila Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!
Follow-up: Can i apply canasteen fungal cream for my toddler having rashes on bums, knees and cheek? 16 minutes later
She's hasn't been dairy Intolerant since 11 months she's 18 months now . With the teething ,do the very bad nappies follow And bad nappy rash ? Spreading all over her legs ,behind knees and bum area ? It will be hard to get a doctor at this time . What topical cream should I use ? I have sudo cream and bethadine cream . I also have emulave cream for eczema and dry skin?!?! I give nurofen every 4 hours the past 2 days , Many thanks.
Answered by Dr. Sonila Borici 12 hours later
Brief Answer: Please refer to the following answer. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for providing more information regarding the health state of your daughter. Could you please send in the photo of her current problems: mouth, legs, toes, hands (if any)? Meanwhile, I'd advise to: - take otc tasectan and probiotics and o.r.s for her diarrhea - give her more water or other fresh juice to drink. Avoid citrus as they would worsen her condition. - do not apply bethaine on her skin, but only sudo cream Looking forward to kindly have the requested photos. Dr.Sonila