Chest pain, shortness of breath, vomiting mucus, pleurisy. D-dimer test for pulmonary embolism. Treatment?

I went it to the doctor monday because i was short of breath and my chest hurt. I went for about a 5 block walk and couldn t walk anymore b/c I couldn t breathe and I started vomitting mucus . They did chest xrays and EKG . Everything can back good. They called me back in today for a follow up and stated that they believe that I have Pluerisy. When I take deep breathes it feels like my chest is freezing. Would this be a symptom of Pluerisy? They stated that if I still have this in 2 to 4 weeks to go back in b/c they would have to do a D-dimer to see if I do have Pulmonary Embolism . Any thoughts on this?
Asked On : Mon, 30 Jul 2012