Can breathing paint fumes cause spikes in blood pressure? Allergic to fumes?

Can breathing paint fumes (such as in a factory with no ventilation) cause spikes in blood pressure? How can one tell if they are allergic to the fumes? My BP has spiked to 215/160 on several occasions. Heart checks out OK. Dr s can t figure what causes the BP to go up. Normally it s 120/80. I scheduled an appointment with an allergy Dr. Should I take sample of paint? I m shooting at straws here. I m 53 and able to get around. \ Thank YOu, Ron
Asked On : Sun, 2 Sep 2012