Is there any way to find what medication am I allergic to?

Hi is there anybway of finding out what medication one is allergic to?
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Comprehensive allergic test can identify allergies Detailed Answer: Hi there, Thanks for your query. Usually, allergy to a particular drug runs in the family. If any of your family members (parents, siblings) are allergic to a particular drug, possibility of you being allergic to same, is very high. A more reliable way to short-list drugs which can cause allergy, is to undergo a comprehensive Allergy Test, which incorporates all allergens, including foods and drugs. Apart from these, there is NO way of finding out if you have any drug allergies. Hope I have addressed to your concerns to your complete satisfaction and you find my response helpful and informative. I will be happy to answer further queries, if any. Fond regards and have a nice day, Dr. Rakesh Karanwal