What are the underlying causes for scratchy throat?

Rheumatologist
Question
I have a scratchiness in my throat that comes and goes. there is no pain in swallowing or a sore throat.
Posted Sun, 19 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir , Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that scratchiness in throat can be a symptom of mild allergies which give rise to uncomfortable sensation and tingling in throat some times. Since there is no pain in swallowing it is less likely to be infection . I would advise you to have sips of hot liquids like milk , coffee frequently . And you must maintain adequate hydration levels as dehydration leads to dryness which can also lead to similar complaints . Take care. Dr. Shruti

Follow-up: What are the underlying causes for scratchy throat? 1 minute later
OK it feels like a lump sensation. and it feels like it is right behind my tongue on the left side of my throat

Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear sir, It seems that I have answered your query in the next question you have asked . Please continue in one query ID only . Wish you a good health. Dr. Shruti