Can advanced glaucoma be cured with/without surgery?

Can advanced glaucoma (in a diabetic patient) be cured with/without surgery?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Apr 2011
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
No the rule of thumb is in glaucoma , the vision once lost cannot be regained back. Secondly even the treatment that is given medical / surgical is done to save the residual vision & prevent further damage

hello,

depending upon various test like field test,OCT,IOP FUNDUS EXAMINATION, IT can be DECIDED WHAT IS THE STATUS OF GLAUCOMA AND THEN MEDICAL MANAGEMENT OR SURGERY HAS TO BE DONE AFTER CONSULTING GLAUCOMA SPECIALIST.GLAUCOMA IS IRREVERSIBLE WHATEVER DAMAGE HAS OCCURED IT COULD NOT BE CORRECTED .

TAKE CARE
Hello sir, my mother is suffering Kalapani and motiyabind her one eye is too much damaged and other is in risk. She is living in Ashoknagar (M.P.) in India her age is around 68yr. Local doctor suggest her for surgery. What should we do? which is the best hospital and who is the best doctor for it?