Burning and pain in the upper hip bone, thigh and groin area. Radicul recommended. Any other treatment?

Hi, I am robert from Tampa, FL. I have been having burning, tins like pains in my upper hip bone and upper thigh as well as pain running across my lower right groin . My family Dr has diagnosed as L2.I am frustrated as this has been going on for 8 weeks. I workout 3-4 times a week.I should be in great condition.Dr is recommending radicul... to the nerve to deaden the pain.I do not want to take pharmaceuticals the rest of my life for this problem.Suggestions? Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 6 Jul 2012