Bumpy itchy rash spreading from the ears to arms and back, swollen ears, sore throat, swollen glands. Have just bought a new hot tub. Is it allergy?

My husband started to get a rash the other day.. it started behind his ears and on the back of his neck and hairline then spread to his arms chest and back. It is bumpy and itchy and have swollen his ears out of shape. Then yesterday he started to get a sore troat and his glands are very swollen. I m thinking an allergy to bromine or some other chemical..we just got a new hottub but syptoms did not appear until five days after use..any ideas?
Asked On : Sun, 27 May 2012