History of TBI, seizure. On Dilantin, recommended gradual switch to Lamictal. Possibiilty of any contraindication?

I had a tbi from falling down stairs on 11/2009. I ve had one seizure on 7/2010. I ve been on dilantin(460 to keep blood level at 15) the entire time. My neurologist suggested switching to lamictal gradually. I m up to 300 mg. daily on way to 400 mg, then weaning off dilantin. This is scary for me. Will lamictal most likely keep the seizures away as dilantin had been? If I haven t had a rash or side effects on 300 mg. a day, will I most likely not have any? I am worried about having a seizure during dilantin discontinuation.
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  15 Awaiting Answer