Broken wrist, burning sensation, tight plaster, pain. What shall i do?

Hi I ve broken my wrist , went to a&e had X-ray they had to manipulate my arm back into shape before they could plaster it . Had to go back up the hospital day after, as I had the most terrible burning sensation in my whole hand, the plaster was so tight they didn t really do much to it that night and I had to suffer until I went to fracture clinic on wed 27 th feb . The doc told me there that the plaster was nicely positioned and he didn t want to cut it off in case the break moved, they cut away some of the plaster around my fingers and thumb which gave me much relief but since yesterday afternoon I ve got the worst burning pain in my thumb which I can t seem to relieve, the swelling in my thumb has gone down a bit but the pain is still there , just need peace of mind that my thumbs not going to drop off ,thank you
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013