Black hole on tooth. Recommended surgery. Another discoloured tooth. Recommended root canal. Afraid, advise?

Hello, my name is Dola. I have a large black deep hole in my tooth, gone through the gum, in the back side of my mouth.... I have had it for 8 years on. But I am so afraid of getting it out, now it has gone worse and today, I made a pressurized visit to a dentist, and he says i will need surgery.

Also, i had an accident 15 years ago that chipped off my front tooth, discoloured it and he also says i will need a root canal. I am sooooo AFRAID.
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013