Back pain, lump on lower back on tip of spine, swelling under skin, pain on sitting, lying down. Cause of concern?

Hello, my 17 year old daughter has been complaining that her back hurts her. Yesterday she told me that she felt a lump right at the top of her Butt crack around the tip of her spine . I looked and did not see a boil or A pimple . I feels like it is swollen under the skin, and she says that it hurt really Bad inside. It hurts her to sit and lay down. Should I be concerned? What kind of Doctor should I take her to? Do you think it could be serious?
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012