Attempted to hang myself. Now headaches. Due to damage to brain or neck?

I attempted to take my own life one week ago, by hanging. The attempt would have been successful if the leather belt which I was using had not snapped - however, I lost consciousness before the belt snapped, and I came round on the floor, having severe convulsions/muscle spasms, and with a horrible rasping sound in my breath. Ever since then I have had headaches . I do not want to go to my doctor (or the local hospital) about this, as I fear that they would commit me to a psychiatric hospital, which I really do not want. But can you tell me what possible serious damage I might have done to my brain or neck which is causing these headaches, and which might require treatment? Sincere thanks.
Asked On : Fri, 21 Dec 2012